Blueberry muffins are a breakfast staple that almost everyone loves. But when they’re dry, crumbly, and have hardly 3 blueberries per muffin, they tend to get thrown away. These muffins are moist (ugh I cringed as I typed that word), full of blueberries (honestly I may have added a few more than what the recipe calls for…), and even though I added “healthy” to the title, I guarantee you that they’re delicious too!
With this recipe, you can easily freeze these blueberry muffins, but I promise you, they’ll be eaten long before they get thrown into the freezer!
Also, feel free to use any substitutions like agave instead of honey or oat milk instead of regular milk. One of the best things about baking is tweaking a recipe to make it your own. At least that’s what I love about baking! Anyway, here’s the reason you clicked on this to begin with:
Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- Line or grease 12 cup muffin tin and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine yogurt, milk, egg, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add blueberries and gently toss until coated.
- Add the wet mixture as well as the butter to the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold lightly until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop evenly into the individual muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
I think these muffins would be great with chocolate chips or nuts instead of blueberries, or make a berry medley using raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries! The add-in possibilities are nearly endless!
Comment below if you try this recipe and give me some new healthy recipes to try! I’m always looking for more cooking inspiration, so please send them my way!! For more yummy recipes, click here, and be sure to follow me on Pinterest for even more recipes.