Guacamole is one of my go-to favorites recipes for summer lunches! I struggle eating plain avocado, but I love using it for a fresh mango salsa and of course, this easy guacamole recipe! I know that guacamole is not hard to make, but I’ve seen many recipes that have too many spices or looks like a soggy green mess. This easy recipe is full of flavor, has minimal ingredients, and is really healthy too!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, chopped (regular tomato works too obviously)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Remove avocado pits and scoop out flesh into small bowl. Use fork to mash to desired consistency. (I like mine pretty chunky.)
- Chop cherry tomatoes and onion, then add to bowl with the avocado.
- Add spices, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Stir until combined. Add more salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste
I store whatever is left over (which let’s be honest, there usually isn’t any) in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Adding the tiniest amount of lime juice before refrigerating helps keep the avocado from browning, but it’s best to eat it within a day or two at the most.
For more cooking inspiration, click here
Could y’all do me a quick favor before you click off? Please take a second to pin this image to your Pinterest so more people can see this easy guacamole recipe. Thanks so much!!