It’s never too early to start making all of the pumpkin recipes, and I’ve got an incredible pumpkin cookie recipe that you have to try! I promise you, it will be the best cookie you have ever tasted! There are a lot of fall recipes on Pinterest, but these are a one-of-a-kind family recipe I’m sharing with you!
Probably the most important thing to remember when making this recipe is DO NOT OVERBAKE! These cookies have a very quick baking time, and they can easily become too hard. I personally love a soft cookie, and you can’t get much softer than these!
Save this recipe by clicking on the image above (or the Pin button on the recipe below) so you can refer to it again and share it with your friends! Now let’s get into the details of this pumpkin cookie recipe!
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Grease your cookie sheet, then preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and shortening together until smooth. Add in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- In another bowl, lightly combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, folding until incorporated.
- Chill dough in the fridge for 15 minutes, then roll into balls, and bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake!
- Let cool on wire rack before frosting them with the maple icing.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter, and milk to a boil. Let simmer for 2 minutes, then take off the heat to cool.
- Once cooled, add the powdered sugar and stir until desired consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments if you plan to make these and share with me your favorite pumpkin recipe! In my Fall Bucket List, I’ve made it a goal to try new pumpkin recipes, so I need lots of inspiration!